Friday, May 23, 2014

Milestones Worth Celebrating

Today I am linking up with David Row at Make Moments Matter.  He is hosting the "Milestones Worth Celebrating" linky party. This year has definitely been a busy one, filled with numerous celebrations! I can't wait to share all the things myself, and my students, have accomplished this year! 



School Highlights 2013-2014

  • Had 10 successful programs: 4 winter programs, 4 spring programs, Veteran's Day program, and Orff Ensemble performance. The winter program was titled, "The Snow Day," and featured songs and dances about snow day activities.  I think it was my fault we had 14 snow days this year :) The spring program was titled, "We All Go Traveling," and featured songs and dances about transportation. 

  • Started an Orff ensemble at one of my schools. This is the first after-school ensemble of this kind in the district. We had 12 students in the group.  We performed at a School Board meeting in the spring.
  • Incorporated more technology into my lessons! My 4th and 5th grade students received iPads this year. With these new devices, my recorder students were able to submit videos of their recorder tests to me online. It saved a lot of instructional time and resulted in numerous black belts in Recorder Karate. 
  • Received a grant for instruments from the Scott County Youth Council! We go next month to enjoy a nice dinner and pick up the check. 
  • The band recruitment numbers greatly increased for the middle school.  Over 50% of my 5th graders are joining band next year.  I can tell that their passion for music is growing. 
  • Started a class Facebook page where I am able to share information and photos with parents in the district. 


Professional Milestones 2013-2014

  • Received my Level 2 certification in Orff Schulwerk. 
  • Went back to school to start my Master's Degree. 
  • Attended the AOSA National Conference in Denver. One word: AMAZING! 
  • Signed up to teach four sessions at Digipalooza this summer.  Digipalooza is an Indiana technology conference that is hosted in our school district.  It is part of the state's eLearning summer tour. 

Blogging and TPT Milestones 2013-2014

  • Started my TPT store where I am almost to 350 followers!
  • Began a blog that was beautifully designed by Megan at A Bird in Hand Designs. 
  • Started a Facebook page for Sew Much Music. 
  • Began collaborating with wonderful music educators from around the world. 
  • Attended a blogger meet-up where I gained some wonderful Indiana blogging friends. 

There are so many wonderful things to be thankful for! This year has truly been a blessed one. I can't wait to see what next year holds. 


3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of great things to celebrate! I'm doing my Orff Level II this summer and I'm so excited. Congrats on a great year and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting David! Have fun at Level II training! I had a blast :)

      Delete