In the past, if I wanted a poster-size image printed, I just took it to our local print shop. It would cost around $15 for the image. I really didn't want to take the trip to the print shop with a baby on my hip this summer. So instead, I started to research websites for printing poster size images. I then discovered Blockposters.com. It. is. AMAZING!
Here is how it works!
1. Find clipart or image you would like to print poster-size! One tip: the image can not be a PNG. Therefore, if your clipart is a PNG file, you must convert to a JPEG. I simply convert to a JPEG through my Preview program on the Mac. I open the PNG file and then export to a JPEG. I am not familiar with out to do the conversion on a PC, but I am sure there is a simple way.
2. Visit Blockposters.com.
3. Click "Get Started."
4. Then click, "Upload your image." Select the image or clipart you wish to print.
5. It will then place your image on the left side of the page with a grid over top the image. On the right side of the page you can customize your poster. Select the page width you wish to print. NOTE: In the gray box underneath, it says the approximate dimensions of each page width. This will be how large your actual image is going to print.
7. Open the downloaded poster and print.
8. Once the image is printed, I laminated each sheet, then cut it out. You may choose to cut first and then laminate. You may also choose to cut, tape, and then laminate. I actually laminated mine twice: I first laminated each page and then I used the school laminator to laminate the entire poster. It all depends on the size of the image you are wishing to print/laminate.
9. Tape pages together to create life-size poster. TIP: Leave a small edge on some edges of the pages to make taping easier. Laminate the entire poster to make it last longer and add durability.
10. Hang your life-size poster and bring your room to life!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I hope you find some amazing ways to make life-size images with this tutorial!